Discontinued product. Replacement: SmartProg2 device programmer.
MicrochipTM PICmicro® series microcontrollers programmer.Short description:
- small and portable programmer of MicrochipTM PICmicro® series microcontrollers
- as a bonus its capable to program serial EEPROM with IIC, Microwire and SPI interface
- connection to PC - parallel (printer) port
- comfortable and easy to use control program, Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP compatible
- free SW update, download from Internet
- small dimensions
- power supply, cable and SW included
- approved by CE laboratory to meet CE requirements
- PIKprog is small and portable programmer for MicrochipTM PICmicro® series microcontrollers. PIKprog enables also programming serial EEPROM with interface types IIC (24Cxx), Microwire (93Cxx) and SPI (25Cxx). The programmer is equipped by ZIF DIP 40pin socket. The quality of programmer is completed by comfortable control program.
- Advanced pindrivers deliver signals without overshoot or ground bounce for all supported devices. PIKprog programmer performs programming verification at the marginal level of supply voltage, which, obviously, improves programming yield, and guarantees long data retention.
- PIKprog interfaces with the IBM PC 486 compatible or higher, portable or desktop personal computers. Programmer allows you connecting directly to your PC through any standard parallel (printer) port - no special interface card is needed.
- The advantage of PIKprog is its easy-to-use comfortable software with pull-down menu, hot keys and on-line help. You can select device by classes, by manufacturers or simply type device vendor's name and part number. The standard device operation functions (read, blank check, program, verify) have been completed with some test functions (illegal bit test, insertion test). The program facilitates the use of the buffer and files, including automatic file format detection and conversion.
- Free software updates are available by download
- Keep-Current service means, that ELNEC ships the latest version of programmer software and and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package) to customer . The Keep-Current service is your hassle-free guarantee that you are achieving the highest quality programming on ELNEC programmers, at minimal cost.
- AlgOR (Algorithm On Request) service gives the user a tool, with which can influence on amount and types programmed devices as need.
Socket, pin driver
- 40-pin DIL ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket accepts both 300/600 mil devices up to 40-pin
- TTL driver provides H, L and read for all pins
- microcontrollers MicrochipTM PICmicro®: 12xxx, 14xxx, 16xxx and 18xxx (*) series, 8 to 40 pin
* support for 18xxx family will be done after releasing of samples
- Serial E(E)PROM: 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 59Cxxx, 85xxx, 93Cxxx series (*)
- The programming is performed little bit slowly. If you expect a short programming times, use please PIKprog+ or above programmer.
- the PIKprog programmer is NOT INTEDED to be a ISP programmer. If you think about ISP, use please the programmers, equipped by ISP connector (PIKprog+, (SmartProg, BeeProg, ...)
- for all supported devices see actual DEVICE LIST
- blank check
- configuration and security bit program
- auto device serial number increment
- view/edit, find/replace
- fill/copy, move, byte swap, word/dword split
- checksum (byte, word)
Supported file formats
- unformatted (raw) binary
- HEX: Intel, Intel EXT, Motorola S, MOS, Exormax, Tektronix, ASCII-SPACE-HEX, Tektronix
PC system requirements
- Common, software related requirements
- Programmer hardware related requirements:
- one (parallel) printer port with nothing attached
- operating voltage 15..20V DC, max. 200mA
- power consumption 3W max.
- dimensions 137x65x40 mm (5.4x2.6x1.6 inch)
- weight (without external adapter) ca. 200g (7.06 oz)
- temperature 5°C ÷ 40°C (41°F ÷ 104°F)
- humidity 20%..80%, non condensing
- PIKprog programmer
- wall plug adapter, 15V/500mA adapter, unstabilized
- connection cable PC-programmer
- user manual (on CD)
- registration card
- transport packing
- Keep-Current - ELNEC sends to user the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package).
- AlgOR - new supported devices on customer request
Programmer price also includes
- free technical support (hot line)
- free life-time software update via Internet
The information in this document are subject to change without notice.