Discontinued product from 10/2006. Without replacement, we've closed EPROM simulators line.
EPROM simulator 2716 - 27040.Short description:
- simulation EPROM 2716..27040, 85ns
- LV EPROM support from 2.5V
- output buffer powered from target system
- special protection circuits against electrostatic discharge included
- dual connection to PC: standard printer port or serial port
- easy to use control program, DOS and Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP compatible
- 3 years warranty
FeaturesSIMEPROM-02aLV is an EPROM simulator, designed for the development workplaces, where are using EPROMs or PROMs. SIMEPROM-02aLV application is in the cases, where is emulator's use ineffective or impossible. Typical applications example of simulator EPROM are low-cost microprocessors system debugging, character generator in videocards/monitors tuning, etc. Special desirable is use of SIMEPROM-02aLV in target systems with + pole grounded (e.g. some telephone exchange) or in cases, when is needed galvanic isolation between PC and target system. SIMEPROM-02aLV can replace EPROM from 2716 to 27040 with the access time above 85 ns. Because output buffer of SIMEPROM-02aLV is powered from target system, there is possible to perform RESET of the target system by its power-off and power-on without problems.
Because simulator are in generally susceptible to damage by ESD (electrostatic discharge), there was developed and build-in into SIMEPROM-02aLV special protection circuit without influence to parameters of simulator. This mean, that simulator SIMEPROM-02aLV is protected either against electrostatic discharge (ESD) and against balancing current that might flow between emulator and target systems.
Quality of SIMEPROM-02aLV and negligible sales returns allows afford nearly lifetime - 3 years - guarantee for it.
Since SIMEPROM-02aLV simulator contains CMOS RAMs, whose contents can be easily changed anytime, it can replace obsolete debugging cycle:
- switching off the target system
- removing the EPROM from the socket
- EPROM erasing
- EPROM programming
- inserting EPROM into the socket
- switching on the target system
(about 20 minutes)
- SIMEPROM-02aLV re-downloading
(about 25 seconds)
SIMEPROM-02aLV interfaces with the IBM PC, XT to Pentium Pro, portable or desktop personal computers. Simulators allows you to directly connect to your PC through any standard parallel printer port or through standard (RS232) serial port. In case connection through serial port, SIMEPROM-02aLV is optically isolated from target systems. Using a Y-cable they are possible to connect two SIMEPROM-02aLV simulators on the same parallel port. Generally, on the one PC, it can be connected four SIMEPROM-02aLV simulators.
The SIMEPROM-02aLV simulator is controlled from the PC by the control program, which is common for all of the ELNEC's EPROM simulators. It is easy-to-use nice software with pull-down menu, hot keys and on-line help. The control program find himself type and port of connected simulator. Thus, it's possible connect all types of ELNEC's simulators on the same computer at the same time. User can do:
- all necessary functions with simulator (download, RESET control)
- with buffer (view, edit, fill, copy, swap, checksum, print)
- read/write buffer in binary or wide range of HEX formats.
There are a BAT file version of control program, which can download of simulator content and can change the RESET status. For DOS operating system is available resident version of control program too.
There is available appropriate package convertor PLCC32/DIL32 for work with EPROM in PLCC32.
- SIMEPROM-02aLV ver. 040/85 is equivalent of EPROM 27C040/85ns
- EPROM/PROM: NMOS/CMOS, family 27xxx and 27Cxxx, from 2KByte (2716) to 512KByte (27040/274001) with 8 bit data bus in DIL or PLCC.
- EEPROM: NMOS/CMOS, family 28xxx, 28Cxxx, 27EExxx, from 2KByte (2816) to 512KByte (28040) with 8 bit data bus in DIL or PLCC.
- EPROM/PROM/EEPROM from 64KByte to 1MByte with 16 bit data bus in DIL or PLCC (2x SIMEPROM-02aLV with converter DIL40/DIL2x32 W-EPROM)
- response on the address changed: max. 85 ns
- response on the CE\ signal going to L: max. 85 ns
- response on the OE\ signal going to L : max. 45 ns
- response on the either OE\ or CE\ going to H (data float): max. 10 ns
- inputs compatibility : 74F
- outputs : 74AC
- Low voltage EPROM support from 2.5V if powered from external power supply.
|Supply voltage||version 040/85|
|4.5V - 5.5V||85ns|
|3.5V - 4.5V||105ns|
|2.5V - 3.5V||125ns|
POD protection circuit parameters
- all pins are protected against Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and balancing current
- ESD protection rated to IEC1000-4-2 (15kV air, 8kV contact)
- protection against balancing current up to 2.5A
- RESET control in target system
- view/edit, find/replace
- fill/copy, move, byte swap, word/dword split
- checksum (byte, word)
Supported file formats
- unformatted (raw) binary
- HEX: Intel, Intel EXT, Motorola S, MOS, Exormax, Tektronix, ASCII-SPACE-HEX
|Type||LPT port on PCI bus||LPT port on board||Serial port|
|27020||15 sec.||15 sec.||38 sec.|
|27040||26 sec.||27 sec.||73 sec.|
PC system requirements
- Processor: IBM PC AT or above, free 512 KB RAM
- Operating system: DOS 3.2 or higher, Windows 3.x or Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
- CD drive, hard disk with 10 MB free space
- Free parallel (printer) port or free serial (RS232) port
- operating voltage source:
- external power supply 10..15V DC/350mA (center minus) or
- 5V +-10% from target system through emulation cable
- power consumption: 350 mA max. (200 mA max.)
- RESET forcing circuit: max. 20V, max. 100mA
- galvanic isolation by serial line max. 250V DC
- dimensions: 132x66x30 [mm] without cables attached
- weight: about 150g
- environment: office/laboratory
- temperature: // compute temperature $c_sa = 5; // celsius_start $c_so = 40; // celsius_stop $f_sa = ($c_sa * 1.8)+32; // farenheit start $f_so = ($c_so * 1.8)+32; // farenheit stop echo $c_sa."°C ÷ ".$c_so."°C (".$f_sa."°F ÷ ".$f_so."°F)"; ?>
- humidity 20%..80%, non condensing
- SIMEPROM-02aLV simulator
- SIMEPROM-02aLV, serial communication module (features optical isolation)
- connection cable to PC for connection through parallel port and serial port
- precise 32 pin DIL socket, connected to simulator POD
- precise 28 pin DIL socket for DIL28 memories simulation
- precise 24 pin DIL socket for DIL24 memories simulation
- wall plug adapter, 12V DC/500mA, unstabilized
- user manual
- CD with software
- registration card
- transport case
Simulator's price included too
- free technical support (hot line)
- free life-time software update via Internet
The information in this document are subject to change without notice.