Discontinued product. Replacement: MEMprog2.
Universal memory programmerShort description:
- 13380 supported devices by 2.98 version of SW (16. May. 2013)
- small and powerful programmer of EPROM, EEPROM, Flash EPROM, NVRAM and serial EEPROM
- DIL32 ZIF socket, memories in DIL package up to 32 pins are supported without adapters
- connection to PC - parallel (printer) port
- comfortable and easy to use control program, work with all versions of MS Windows from Windows 98 to Windows 7 64-bit
- free SW update, download from Internet
- power supply, cable and software included
- made in Slovakia
- approved by CE laboratory to meet CE requirements
- MEMprogL is the next member of new generation MS Windows (from Windows 98 to Windows 7 64-bit) based ELNEC specialized programmers. Programmer is built to meet the demands of development labs and field engineers for a specialized low-cost memory programmer.
- MEMprogL supports memory types up to 32 pins - EPROM, EEPROM, NVRAM, Flash EPROM and serial EEPROM - including low voltage types. MEMprogL isn't only a programmer, but also a static RAM tester.
- Provides very competitive price with excellent hardware design for reliable programming. Offer outstanding "value for money" in this class. Performance, dimensions and speed of MEMprogL can be utilized mainly in the maintenance.
- MEMprogL interfaces with the IBM PC compatible, portable or desktop personal computers through any parallel (printer) port.
- The powerful TTL pindriver deliver signals without overshoot or ground bounce for all supported devices. Pin drivers provide TTL levels in the range suitable also for the low-voltage devices. Generators for supply voltage and programming voltage are digitally controlled in wide range of voltages.
- MEMprogL programmer performs programming verification at the marginal level of supply voltage, which, obviously, improves programming yield, and guarantees long data retention.
- Various programming adapters are available to handle device in PLCC, SOIC, SSOP, TSSOP, TSOP and other packages.
- Programmer is driven by an easy-to-use control program with pull-down menus, hot keys and on-line help. Selection of device is performed by its class, by manufacturer or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part number.
- Standard device-related commands (read, blank check, program, verify, erase) are enhanced by some test functions (signature-byte check), and some special functions (autoincrement).
- All known data formats are supported. Automatic file format detection and conversion during loading of file.
- The rich-featured autoincrement function enables one to assign individual serial numbers to each programmed device - or simply increments a serial number, or the function enables one to read serial numbers or any programmed device identification signatures from a file.
- The software also provide a many information about programmed device. As a special, the drawing of all available packages are provided. The software provide also explanation of chip labelling (the meaning of prefixes and suffixes at the chips) for each supported chip.
CARE FOR THE CUSTOMERS
- Support of most new memory devices requires only a software update due to the MEMprogL hardware. With our prompt service you can have a new device added to the list of supported devices within hours! See AlgOR (Algorithm On Request) service for details.
- Free software updates are available by download from our WEB site.
- Keep-Current and AlgOR services, our next step towards customer satisfaction.
- Keep-Current service means, that ELNEC ships the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package) to customer . The Keep-Current service is your hassle-free guarantee that you are achieving the highest quality programming on ELNEC programmers, at minimal cost.
- AlgOR (Algorithm On Request) service gives the user a tool to influence amount and types of programmed devices as needed.
- two D/A converters for VCCP and VPP, controllable rise and fall time
- VCCP range 0..7V/350mA
- VPP range 0..25V/200mA
ZIF socket, pindriver
- 32-pin DIL ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket accepts both 300/600 mil devices up to 32-pins
- pindriver: TTL pindrivers and GND/VCC/VPP pindrivers, specialized for memory programming
- TTL driver provides level H also for support of low voltage devices
- EPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 27xxx and 27Cxxx series, with 8 bit data width, full support of LV series (*1*2)
- EEPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 28xxx, 28Cxxx, 27EExxx series, with 8 bit data width, full support of LV series (*1*2)
- Flash EPROM: 28Fxxx, 29Cxxx, 29Fxxx, 29BVxxx, 29LVxxx, 29Wxxx, 49Fxxx series, with 8 bit data width, full support of LV series (*1*2)
- Serial E(E)PROM: 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 59Cxxx, 85xxx, 93Cxxx, full support of LV series(*1)
- NV RAM: Dallas DSxxx, SGS/Inmos MKxxx, SIMTEK STKxxx, XICOR 2xxx, ZMD U63x series
- (*1) - suitable adapters are available for non-DIL packages
- (*2) - there exist none adapter for devices with more than 32 pins. Therefore, please, consider a more powerful programmer (SmartProg/SmartProg2, LabProg+, BeeProg, JetProg), if you need to program memories with more than 32 pins
- for all supported devices see actual DEVICE LIST
- Static RAM: 6116 .. 624000
Programming speedNote: The programming times of the programmer, attached to PC through LPT port, depends a bit on PC speed, LPT port type and operating system free resources. Look at ELNEC programmers, tips to increase of programming speed application note for details.
|27C010||programming and verify||37 sec.|
|AT29C040A||programming and verify||40 sec.|
|AM29F040||programming and verify||157 sec.|
|Conditions: P4, 2.4 GHz, ECP, Windows XP.|
SOFTWAREAlgorithms: only manufacturer approved or certified algorithms are used.
Algorithm updates: software updates are available approx. every 2 weeks, free of charge.
Main features: revision history, session logging, on-line help, device and algorithm information.
- intelligent device selection by device type, manufacturer or typed fragment of part name
- blank check, read, verify
- configuration and protection bit program
- illegal bit test
- ID byte check
- auto device serial number increment
- count-down mode
- view/edit, find/replace
- fill, copy, move, byte swap, word/dword split
- checksum (byte, word)
- no download time because programmer is PC controlled
- automatic file type identification
Supported file formats
- unformatted (raw) binary
- HEX: Intel, Intel EXT, Motorola S-record, MOS, Exormax, Tektronix, ASCII-SPACE-HEX
PC system requirements
- Common, software related requirements
- Programmer hardware related requirements:
- one (parallel) printer port with nothing attached
- operating voltage 12..18V DC, max. 0.5A (max. 0.7A for obsolete 2716/2732 chips)
- power consumption max. 6W active (8W for obsolete 2716/2732 chips), about 0.5W sleep
- dimensions 137x65x40 mm (5.4x2.6x1.6 inch)
- weight: (without external power adapter) ca. 200g (7.06 oz)
- operating temperature: 5°C ÷ 40°C (41°F ÷ 104°F)
- operating humidity: 20%..80%, non condensing
Base configuration package includes
- MEMprogL programmer
- wall plug adapter, 12V/500mA, unstabilized
- connection cable PC-programmer
- user manual (on CD)
- transport case (cartoon box)
- Keep Current - ELNEC sends to user the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package)
- AlgOR (Algorithms On Request) - add new supported devices on customer request
Programmer price also includes
- free technical support (hot line)
- free life-time software update via Internet
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.