BeeHive4 - multiprogramming system
Discontinued product. Replacement: BeeHive204 multiprogramming system.
Extremely fast universal 4x 48-pindrive concurrent multiprogramming system.
- 64963 supported devices by 3.31 version of SW (30. Mar. 2017)
- Four independent universal programming modules in one unit
- extremely fast programming, one of the fastest programmers in this category. Programs 16-Mbit Flash memory less than 18 seconds
- powerful independent pin driver circuit for each and every pin of the programmer
- Very low voltage support for latest Flash memory chips
- ESD protection on each pin of the sockets
- no adapter required for any DIL devices
- USB (2.0 compatible) interface to PC
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/XPx64 compatible software
- made in Slovakia
- warranty - 3 years
- BeeHive4 is extremely fast universal 4x 48-pindrive concurrent multiprogramming system designed for high volume production programming with minimal operator effort. The chips are programmed at near theoretical maximum programming speed.
- BeeHive4 consists of four independent isolated universal programming modules, based on the BeeProg programmer hardware. Therefore the sockets can run asynchronously (concurrent programming mode). Each programming module starts programming at the moment the chip is detected to be inserted in the socket properly - independently on the status of other programming modules. It result three programming modules works while you replace the programmed chip at the fourth.
- Modular construction of hardware - the programming modules works independently - allows for continuing operation when a part of the circuit becomes inoperable. It also makes service quick and easy.
- Hands-free operation: asynchronous and concurrent operation allows a chip to begin programming immediately upon insertion of a chip. The operator merely removes the finished chip and inserts a new chip. Operator training is therefore minimized.
- Supports all kinds of types and silicon technologies of today and tomorrow programmable devices without family-specific module. You can be sure the next devices support require the software update and (if necessary) simple package convertor (programming adapter), therefore the ownership cost are minimized.
- Provides very competitive price coupled with excellent hardware design for reliable programming. Probably best "value for money"programmer in this class.
- Very fast programming due to high-speed FPGA driven hardware and execution of time-critical routines inside of the programmer. At least fast than competitors in this category, for many chips much faster than most competitors. As a result, when used in production this programmer waits for an operator, and not the other way round.
- BeeHive4 interfaces with the IBM PC/compatible, portable or desktop personal computers through USB (2.0) port.
- Banana jack for ESD wrist straps connection to easy-to-implement the ESD protection control.
HARDWARE (valid for each programming module)
- FPGA based totally reconfigurable 48 powerful TTL pindrivers provide H/L/pull_up/pull_down and read capability for each pin of socket. Advanced pindrivers incorporate high-quality high-speed circuitry to deliver signals without overshoot or ground bounce for all supported devices. Pin drivers operate down to 1.8V so you'll be ready to program the full range of today's advanced low-voltage devices.
- Each programming module performs device insertion test (wrong or backward position) and contact check (poor contact pin-to-socket) before it programs each device. These capabilities, supported by overcurrent protection and signature-byte check help prevent chip damage due to operator error.
- The selftest capability allow to run diagnostic part of software to thoroughly check the health of the each programming module.
- Built-in protection circuits eliminate damage of the programming module and/or programmed device due to environment or operator failure. All ZIF socket pins inputs of BeeHive4 programmer are protected against ESD up to 15kV.
- BeeHive4 programmer performs programming verification at the marginal level of supply voltage, which, obviously, improves programming yield, and guarantees long data retention.
- Various programming adapters are available to handle device in PLCC, SOIC, PSOP, SSOP, TSOP, TSSOP, TQFP, QFN (MLF), SDIP, BGA and other packages.
SOFTWARE (production mode control)
- This part of the software is focused to the easy monitoring of high-volume production operations.
- Operator-friendly control software combines many powerful functions with ease of use. Graphic user interface provide overview of all important activities result without burden of operator with non-important details.
- There is used a project file to control the BeeHive4 multiprogramming system. Project file contains user data, chip programming setup information, chip configuration data, auto programming command sequence, etc. Therefore the operator error is minimized, because the project file is normally created and proofed by engineering and then given to the operator. The optional protected mode can be set for project file to avoid a unwanted changes of the project file.
- Each chip may be programmed with different data such as serial number, configuration and calibration information.
SOFTWARE (programming modules driver, engineering mode control)
- This part of the software is focused to the quick and easy preparation of the project file for usage in the production mode control software.
- Each programming module is driven by an easy-to-use control program with pull-down menu, hot keys and on-line help. Selecting of device is performed by its class, by manufacturer or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part number. It is the same years-proven software, as is used for all other Elnec single-site programmers.
- Standard device-related commands (read, blank check, program, verify, erase) are boosted by some test functions (insertion test, connection check, signature-byte check), and some special functions (autoincrement, production mode - start immediately after insertion of chip into socket).
- All known data formats are supported. Automatic file format detection and conversion during loading of file. There is possible to use Jam files (JEDEC standard JESD-71) and VME files
- The rich-featured auto-increment function enables one to assign individual serial numbers to each programmed device - or simply increments a serial number, or the function enables one to read serial numbers or any programmed device identification signatures from a file.
- The software also provide a many information about programmed device. As a special, the drawing of all available packages are provided. The software provide also explanation of chip labelling (the meaning of prefixes and suffixes at the chips) for each supported chip.
CARE FOR THE CUSTOMERS
- It is important to remember, that a support of most of the new devices requires only a software update, because the BeeHive4 is based on the truly universal (BeeProg-like) programmer. With our prompt service you can have new device added to the list of supported devices within hours! See AlgOR (Algorithm On Request) service for details.
- Free software updates are available by download from our WEB site.
- Keep-Current and AlgOR services, our next step towards customer satisfaction.
- Keep-Current service means, that ELNEC ships the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package) to customer . The Keep-Current service is your hassle-free guarantee that you achieving the highest quality programming on ELNEC programmers, at minimal cost.
- AlgOR (Algorithm On Request) service gives the user a tool to influence amount and types of programmed devices as needed.
- Advanced design of the BeeHive4 multiprogrammer, including protective circuits, original brand components, and careful manufacturing and hours-long burning-in allows us to provide a three-year warranty on parts and labor for the programmer (limited 25 000-cycle warranty on ZIF sockets).
- Online technical support is available within promised 24 hours time limit or you may call us during business hours from Monday through Friday 8:30 to 17:30 (CET).
Specification (BeeHive4 multiprogramming system)
- 4x universal programming module (4x 48-pin DIL ZIF sockets)
- operation result LEDs, LED power
- USB 2.0 port
- line power input 100-240VAC/60W max.
- banana jack for ESD wrist straps connection
Specification (valid for each programming module)
Base unit, DACs
- USB 2.0 port
- on-board intelligence: powerful microprocessor and FPGA based state machine
- three D/A converters for VCCP, VPP1, and VPP2, controllable rise and fall time
- VCCP range 0..8V/1A
- VPP1, VPP2 range 0..26V/1A
- selftest capability
ZIF sockets, pindriver
- 48-pin DIL ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket accepts both 300/600 mil devices up to 48-pin
- pindrivers: 48 universal
- VCCP/VPP1/VPP2 can be connected to each pin
- perfect ground for each pin
- FPGA based TTL driver provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down on all pindriver pins
- analog pindriver output level selectable from 1.8 V up to 26V
- current limitation, overcurrent shutdown, power failure shutdown
- ESD protection on each pin of socket (IEC1000-4-2: 15kV air, 8kV contact)
- continuity test: each pin is tested before every programming operation
Programmer, in ZIF socket
- EPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 2708, 27xxx and 27Cxxx series, with 8/16 bit data width, full support for LV series
- EEPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 28xxx, 28Cxxx, 27EExxx series, with 8/16 bit data width
- Flash EPROM: 28Fxxx, 29Cxxx, 29Fxxx, 29BVxxx, 29LVxxx, 29Wxxx, 49Fxxx series, from 256Kbit to 32Mbit, with 8/16 bit data width, full support for LV series
- Serial E(E)PROM: 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 45Dxxx, 59Cxxx, 25Fxxx, 25Pxxx, 85xxx, 93Cxxx, NVM3060, MDAxxx series, full support for LV series
- Configuration (EE)PROM: XCFxxx, XC17xxxx, XC18Vxxx, EPCxxx, AT17xxx, 37LVxx
- 1-Wire E(E)PROM: DS1xxx, DS2xxx
- PROM: AMD, Harris, National, Philips/Signetics, Tesla, TI
- NV RAM: Dallas DSxxx, SGS/Inmos MKxxx, SIMTEK STKxxx, XICOR 2xxx, ZMD U63x series
- PLD: Altera: MAX 3000A, MAX 7000A, MAX 7000B, MAX 7000S, MAX7000AE
- PLD: Lattice: ispGAL22V10x, ispLSI1xxx, ispLSI1xxxEA, ispLSI2xxx, ispLSI2xxxA, ispLSI2xxxE, ispLSI2xxxV, ispLSI2xxxVE, ispLSI2xxxVL, LC4xxxB/C/V/ZC, M4-xx/xx, M4A3-xx/xx, M4A5-xx/xx, M4LV-xx/xx
- PLD: Xilinx: XC9500, XC9500XL, XC9500XV, CoolRunner XPLA3, CoolRunner-II
- other PLD: SPLD/CPLD series: AMI, Atmel, AMD-Vantis, Gould, Cypress, ICT, Lattice, NS, Philips, STM, VLSI, TI
- Microcontrollers 48 series: 87x41, 87x42, 87x48, 87x49, 87x50 series
- Microcontrollers 51 series: 87xx, 87Cxxx, 87LVxx, 89Cxxx, 89Sxxx, 89LVxxx, all manufacturers, Philips LPC series
- Microcontrollers Intel 196 series: 87C196 KB/KC/KD/KT/KR/...
- Microcontrollers Atmel AVR: AT90Sxxxx, ATtiny, ATmega series
- Microcontrollers Cypress: CY8Cxxxxx
- Microcontrollers ELAN: EM78Pxxx
- Microcontrollers MDT 1xxx and 2xxx series
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC17Cxxx, PIC18xxx, dsPIC series
- Microcontrollers Motorola (Freescale): 68HC05, 68HC08, 68HC11 series
- Microcontrollers Myson MTV2xx, 3xx, 4xx and 5xx series
- Microcontrollers National: COP8xxx series
- Microcontrollers NEC: uPD78xxx series
- Microcontrollers Scenix (Ubicom): SXxxx series
- Microcontrollers SGS-Thomson: ST6xx, ST7xx, ST10xx series
- Microcontrollers TI: MSP430 and MSC121x series
- Microcontrollers ZILOG: Z86/Z89xxx and Z8xxx series
- Microcontrollers other: EM Microelectronic, Fujitsu, Goal Semiconductor, Hitachi, Holtek, Princeton, Macronix, Winbond, Infineon(Siemens), NEC, Samsung, Toshiba, ...
- for all supported devices see actual DEVICE LIST
- support all devices in DIP with default socket
- package support includes DIP, SDIP, PLCC, JLCC, SOIC, SOP, PSOP, SSOP, TSOP, TSOPII, TSSOP, QFP, PQFP, TQFP, VQFP, QFN (MLF), SON, BGA, EBGA, FBGA, VFBGA, UBGA, CSP, SCSP etc.
- support devices in non-DIP packages up to 48 pins with universal adapters
- programmer is compatible with third-party adapters for non-DIP support
- It is important to know, we always use random numbers pattern for programming speed testing. Some our competitors use "sparse" pattern, where only few non-blank data are programmed or are there are used data with only few 0 bits (FE, EF, etc.). This cheating approach can "decrease" programming time considerable. If you plan to compare, ask always which pattern they use.
- The programming speed depends on PC speed only slightly.
|M50FW080 (parallel Flash)||100000Hx8 (8 Mega)||programming and verify||22 sec.|
|AM29DL323DB (parallel Flash)||208000Hx16 (32 Mega)||programming and verify||31 sec.|
|AM29DL640 (parallel Flash)||400080Hx16 (64 Mega)||programming and verify||62 sec.|
|AT45D081 (serial Flash)||108000Hx8 (16 Mega)||programming and verify||41 sec.|
|AT89C51RD2 (microcontroller)||10000Hx8||programming and verify||15 sec.|
|PIC18LF452 (microcontroller)||4000Hx16||programming and verify||4 sec.|
|Conditions: PC Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz, USB 2.0, Windows XP.|
- Algorithms: only manufacturer approved or certified algorithms are used.
- Algorithm updates: software updates are available regularly, approx. every 2 weeks, free of charge (Internet download).
- Main features: revision history, session logging, on-line help, device and algorithm information.
- intelligent device selection by device type, manufacturer or typed fragment of part name
- automatic ID-based selection of EPROM/Flash EPROM
- blank check, read, verify
- configuration and security bit program
- illegal bit test
- interprete the Jam Standard Test and Programming Language (STAPL), JEDEC standard JESD-71
- interprete the VME files compressed binary variation of SVF files
- insertion test, reverse insertion check
- contact check
- ID byte check
- production mode (automatic start immediately after device insertion)
- auto device serial number increment
- count-down mode
- view/edit, find/replace
- fill/copy, move, byte swap, word/dword split
- checksum (byte, word)
- no download time because programmer is PC controlled
- automatic file type identification/recognition
Supported file formats
- unformatted (raw) binary
- HEX: Intel, Intel EXT, Motorola S-record, MOS, Exormax, Tektronix, ASCII-SPACE-HEX, ASCII HEX
- Altera POF, JEDEC (ver. 3.0.A), eg. from ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer ISDATA, etc.
- JAM (JEDEC STAPL Format), JBC (Jam STAPL Byte Code), STAPL (STAPL File) JEDEC standard JESD-71
- VME (ispVME file VME2.0/VME3.0)
PC system requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/XP64 (XP and above recommended)
- PC Pentium 4; 1.3 GHz (2GHz and above recommended)
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB and above recommended)
- 50 MB of free disk space (*1)
- USB port 2.0 (2.0 high-speed recommended)
- Note (*1): Free disk space requirements depends also on used IC device size. For large devices the required free space on disk will be approximately 60MB + Device size
- supply voltage AC 100-240V, max. 1.2A, 50-60Hz
- power consumption max. 60W active
- dimensions 506x213x86 mm (19.9x8.4x3.4 inch)
- weight (programmer) 4.8kg (10.58 lb)
- temperature 5°C ÷ 40°C (41°F ÷ 104°F)
- humidity 20%..80%, non condensing
- BeeHive4 programmer
- USB connection cable PC-programmer
- diagnostic POD for selftest of the programmer (1x)
- anti-dust cover for ZIF socket (4x)
- user manual (both on CD and printed form)
- software CD
- registration card
- calibration test report
- transport case
- ESD wrist strap with cord and banana plug
- Vacuum pen
- Gift (surprise)
- Keep Current - ELNEC sends to user the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package)
- AlgOR (Algorithms On Request) - add new supported devices on customer request
Programmer price also includes
- free technical support (hot line)
- free life-time software update via Internet
The information in this document are subject to change without notice.Back to TOP