Discontinued product. Replacement: SmartProg2 programmer.
MicrochipTM PICmicro® series microcontrollers, ISP capable programmer.MicrochipTM is trademark and PICmicro® is registered trademark of MicrochipTM Technology Incorporated, U.S.A.
- 11723 supported devices by 3.25 version of SW
- small, very fast and powerful portable programmer of MicrochipTM PICmicro® series microcontrollers
- in-circuit serial programming (ISP) capability included
- full-speed programming of serial EEPROM (IIC, Microwire and SPI interface)
- DIL40 ZIF socket, all PICmicro® chips in DIL package up to 40 pins are supported without adapters
- connection to PC - parallel (printer) port
- high-speed IEEE 1284 printer-port interface, up to 1MB/sec. transfer rate
- comfortable and easy to use control program, Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP compatible
- free SW update, download from Internet
- small dimensions
- power supply, cable and SW included
- approved by CE laboratory to meet CE requirements
- PIKprog+ is the member of the new generation of Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP based ELNEC specialized programmers. Programmer is capable to support all currently available MicrochipTM PICmicro® series microcontrollers (8-40 pins) using parallel and serial algorithms. The PIKprog+ programmer isn't development grade programmer, but meets all Microchip's requirements to manufacturing grade of programmers. The PIKprog+ has been developed in close cooperation with MicrochipTM company, therefore programmer's hardware is focused to support all current and future PICmicro® family microcontrollers.
- PIKprog+ is a small, very fast and powerful portable programmer for PICmicro® family microcontrollers and serial EEPROM with IIC (24Cxx), Microwire (93Cxx) and SPI (25Cxx) interface types. Using build-in in-circuit serial programming (ISP) connector programmer is able to program PICmicro® family microcontrollers using serial algorithms.
- Provides very competitive price with excellent hardware design for reliable programming. Nice "value for money" in this class.
- Very fast programming due to high-speed FPGA driven hardware and support of IEEE1284 (ECP/EPP) high-speed parallel port. Surely faster than competitors in this category.
- PIKprog+ interfaces with the IBM PC 486 compatible or higher, portable or desktop personal computers through any standard parallel (printer) port (no special interface card needed). Therefore you can take programmer and move it to another PC without assembly/disassembly of PC.
- 40 powerful TTL pindrivers provide H/L/pull_up/pull_down and read capability for each pin of socket. Advanced pindrivers incorporate high-quality high-speed circuitry to deliver signals without overshoot or ground bounce for all supported devices. Pin drivers operate down to 1.8V so you'll be ready to program the full range of today's advanced low-voltage devices.
- The programmer performs device insertion test (wrong device position in socket) and contact check (poor contact pin-to-socket) before it programs each device. These capabilities, supported by signature-byte check help prevent chip damage due to operator error.
- PIKprog+ programmer performs programming verification at the marginal level of supply voltage, which, obviously, improves programming yield, and guarantees long data retention.
- Various socket converters are available to handle device in PLCC, SOIC, SSOP, TSSOP, TQFP and other packages.
- Programmer is driven by an easy-to-use control program with pull-down menus, hot keys and on-line help. Selecting of device is performed by its class, by manufacturer or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part number.
- Standard device-related commands (read, blank check, program, verify, erase) are enhanced by some test functions (insertion test, signature-byte check), and some special functions (autoincrement).
- All known data formats are supported. Automatic file format detection and conversion during loading of file.
- The rich-featured autoincrement function enables one to assign individual serial numbers to each programmed device - or simply increments a serial number, or the function enables one to read serial numbers or any programmed device identification signatures from a file.
- The software also provide a many information about programmed device. As a special, the drawing of all available packages are provided. The software provide also explanation of chip labelling (the meaning of prefixes and suffixes at the chips) for each supported chip.
- The software provide a full information for ISP implementation: Description of ISP connector pins for currently selected chip, recommended target design around in-circuit programmed chip and other necessary information.
CARE FOR THE CUSTOMERS
- It is important to remember that support of new devices with compatible GND/VCC/VPP pinout requires only a software update due to the PIKprog+ hardware. With our prompt service you can have a new device added to the list of supported devices within hours! Free software updates are available by download from our WEB site.
Keep-Current and AlgOR services, our next step towards customer satisfaction.
- Keep-Current service means, that ELNEC ships the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package) to customer . The Keep-Current service is your hassle-free guarantee that you are achieving the highest quality programming on ELNEC programmers, at minimal cost.
- AlgOR (Algorithm On Request) service gives the user a tool to influence to amount and types of programmed devices as needed.
- two D/A converters for VCCP and VPP, controllable rise and fall time
- VCCP range 0..7V/250mA
- VPP range 0..15V/150mA
- FPGA based IEEE 1284 slave printer port, up to 1MB/s transfer rate
- selftest capability
ZIF socket, pindriver
- 40-pin DIL ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket accepts both 300/600 mil devices up to 40-pins
- pindriver: 40 TTL pindrivers, special GND/VCC/VPP pindriver for PICmicro® devices
- spare GND, VCC and VPP driver, which add additional made-by-wire GND/VCC/VPP pin capability for future devices
- FPGA based TTL driver provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down on all pindriver pins, level H selectable from 1.8 V up to 5V
- continuity test: each pin is tested before every programming operation
- 10-pin male type with missinsertion lock
- 5 TTL pindrivers, provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down; level H selectable from 1.8V up to 5V to handle all (low-voltage including) devices.
- 1x VCCP voltage (range 2V..7V/100mA) (*1) and 1x VPP voltage (range 2V..25V/50mA)
- programmed chip voltage (VCCP) with both source/sink capability and voltage sense
- (*1) - the programmer is not capable to supply a target system from VCCP pin. If you have such demand, use please a BeeProg programmer
Programmer, in ZIF socket
- microcontrollers MicrochipTM PICmicro®: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC14xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC17xxx, PIC18xxx, dsPIC series, 8 to 40 pins (*1)
- Serial E(E)PROM: 17Cxxx, 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 59Cxxx, 85xxx, 93Cxxx series
Programmer, through ISP connector
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC17xxx, PIC18xxx, dsPIC series
- (*1) - suitable adapters are available for non-DIL packages and devices with more than 40 pins.
- for all supported devices see actual DEVICE LIST
Programming speedNote: The programming times of the programmer, attached to PC through LPT port, depends a bit on PC speed, LPT port type and operating system free resources. Look at ELNEC programmers, tips to increase of programming speed application note for details.
|PIC16C67||programming and verify||in ZIF||12 sec.|
|PIC18F452||programming and verify||in ZIF||8 sec.|
|PIC16F876A||programming and verify||ISP||6 sec.|
|PIC12C508||programming and verify||ISP||4 sec.|
|Conditions: P4, 2.4 GHz, ECP, Windows XP.|
- Algorithms: only manufacturer approved or certified algorithms are used. Custom algorithms are available at additional cost.
- Algorithm updates: software updates are available approx. every 2 weeks, free of charge.
- Main features: revision history, session logging, on-line help, device and algorithm information.
- intelligent device selection by device type, manufacturer or typed fragment of part name
- blank check, read, verify
- configuration and security bit program
- illegal bit test
- insertion test
- contact check
- ID byte check
- auto device serial number increment
- count-down mode
- view/edit, find/replace
- fill, copy, move, byte swap, word/dword split
- checksum (byte, word)
- no download time because programmer is PC controlled
- automatic file type identification
Supported file formats
- unformatted (raw) binary
- HEX: Intel, Intel EXT, Motorola S-record, MOS, Exormax, Tektronix, ASCII-SPACE-HEX
PC system requirements
- Common, software related requirements
- Programmer hardware related requirements:
- one (parallel) printer port with nothing attached, the IEEE 1284 compatible printer port (ECP/EPP) on PCI bus recommended
- operating voltage 12..15V DC, max. 0.5A
- dimensions 137x65x40 mm (5.4x2.6x1.6 inch)
- weight (without external power adapter) ca. 200g (7.06 oz)
- temperature 5°C ÷ 40°C (41°F ÷ 104°F)
- humidity 20%..80%, non condensing
Base configuration package includes
- PIKprog+ programmer
- wall plug adapter, 12V DC/500mA, unstabilized
- connection cable PC-programmer
- ISP cable
- diagnostic POD for selftest of the programmer
- anti-dust cover for ZIF socket
- user manual (on CD)
- registration card
- transport case
- Keep-Current - ELNEC sends to user the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package).
- AlgOR - new supported devices on customer request
Programmer price also includes
- free technical support (hot line)
- free life-time software update via Internet
The information in this document are subject to change without notice.