Ultra speed universal 4x 64-pindrive production multiprogrammer,
the design was focused on high-capacity memories programming.
- four independent universal programming sites (BeeProg3 programming core based) in one unit
- the programmer perfectly fits for high-demanding desktop programming, as well as for automated programming systems
- based on a state of the art FPGA design, powerful ARM processor and internal SSD, the BeeHive304 is ready to program devices at theoretically possible speeds
- 4x 64-pins rich-features, precise and powerful pindriver provides programming signals for every technology of programmable devices
- it supports devices with VCC voltages as low as 0.8V
- ultra fast programming speed, one of the fastest programmers worldwide. Sustainable programming speed greater than 31 MBytes per second
- the 8 GB eMMC NAND Flash could be done in less than 250 sec, if supported memory is fast enough
- it utilizes both universal programming modules, dedicated for IC package type and specialized modules, designed optimized for specific device families
- ESD protection on each pins of the programming modules interface (pindriver and also supporting signals)
- dual connection to the PC: USB (2.0 HighSpeed) and LAN (up to 1 Gbit)
- comfortable and easy to use control program, works with all versions of MS Windows from Windows XP to Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- two BeeHive304 units can be attached to one control PC to better utilize programming workplace
- implementation into available 3rd party automated programmers and ATE machines using simple remote control
- one software can serve up to 64 programming sites in one automated programmer (16x BeeHive304 programmers)
- unique quick reaction to customer's needs - software update can be ready within a day from request, by OnDemand software
- developed and made in Slovakia
- warranty - 3 years
- approved by CE laboratory to meet CE requirements
- BeeHive304 is next member of Elnec concurrent universal multiprogrammer series, built to meet the strong demand for an extremely fast and reliable multiprogrammer for high-capacity memories.
- Designed with great emphasis on technical perfection and speed of hardware, this programmer perfectly fits for high-demanding desktop programming as well as for automated programming systems and ATE machines, where ensures the highest quality and overall yield.
- BeeHive304 consists of four independent isolated universal programming sitess, based on the BeeProg3 programming core hardware. Therefore the programming sites can run asynchronously (concurrent multiprogramming programming mode). Each programming site starts programming at the moment the chip is detected to be inserted in the socket properly - independently on the status of other programming sites. As a result, three programming sites works, while you are replacing the programmed chip at the fourth site.
- The BeeHive304 multiprogrammer supports as many chips, as the BeeProg3 programmer and without obvious decrease of programming speed because each programming site works independently. Also each programming site can program a different chip, if necessary.
- Because the BeeProg3 programming core is based on a state of the art FPGA, powerful ARM processor and internal SSD, BeeHive304 is ready to program devices at theoretically possible speeds. The achieved ultra fast programming speed - more than 31 MB/s sustainable - is actually higher, than can be utilized for most of real devices. This is reflected in extremely short programming times. For example, the 8 GB eMMC NAND Flash could be done in less than 250 sec - if programmed memory allow that speed.
- Tests show, that the BeeHive304 is currently faster than all competitors in this price category (status: 10/2015), and for many chips is the fastest at all.
- BeeHive304 supports all kinds of types and silicon technologies of today's and tomorrow's programmable devices. It partially supports also devices "from yesterday". You can be sure the next devices support will require the software update only, at the most (if necessary) simple programming module, therefore the costs of ownership is minimized.
- For the proper and reliable programming of ultra-fast memories the BeeHive304 utilizes specialized modules, optimally designed for specific device families, exactly according to the needs of programmed devices. But if it is possible, then universal programming modules, dedicated for IC package type, are used. The programming modules are identical for all programmers based on the BeeProg3 programming core.
- Programming modules construction is designed for perfect stability at the top of the programmer, to be tough enough for insert/replace chips by mechanical arm and also allows to keep identical position of ZIF socket also after replacing of the module.
- Modular construction of hardware - the programming sites works independently - allows for continuous operation when a part of the programming sites becomes inoperable. It also makes service quick and easy.
- The sensing circuits detect proper placement of device in the socket of programming module, which allows to begin programming immediately upon insertion of a chip. The operator merely removes the finished chip and inserts a new chip. Operator training is therefore minimized.
- BeeHive304 interfaces with any IBM PC compatible personal computers, running MS Windows OS, through USB (2.0 HigSpeed) port or LAN port (up to 1 Gb).
- Banana jack for ESD wrist straps connection to easy-to-implement the ESD protection control.
- With its very competitive price together with excellent hardware design for reliable programming, it is probably the best "value for money" programmer in this class.
HARDWARE (valid for each programming site)
- The 64-pin rich-features, precise and powerful pindriver of BeeProg3 programming core deliver high speed, accurate and clean waveform signals to the device by eliminating noise, ground bounce and overshoot, which maximizes programming yield and guarantees long data retention. This also allows the reliable support of virtually any nonvolatile technology used for programmable devices - (E)EPROM, Flash, MRAM, PCM, ... - by a single device programmer.
- FPGA based totally reconfigurable TTL pindrivers provide H/L/pull_up/pull_down and read capability for each pin of the device. The dual H/L drivers enables to provide two different H levels for both core signals and I/O signals of programmed device without additional logic. Programmer pindrivers operate down to 0.8V, therefore the programmer is ready to program the full range of today's and tomorrow's advanced very-low-voltage devices.
- Extremely fast programming, achieved by using FPGA based state machine, fast processor and SSD, allow execution of all time-critical routines and data transfers inside of the programmer.
- The programmer performs a device insertion test (wrong or backward position) and contact check (poor contact pindriver-to-socket) before it programs each device. These capabilities, supported by overcurrent protection and signature-byte check help prevent chip damage due to operator error.
- The selftest capability allows to run the diagnostic part of software to thoroughly check the health of the programmer.
- Built-in protection circuits eliminate damage of programmer and/or programmed device due to environment or operator failure. All the inputs of the BeeProg3 programming core - pins of programming modules interface (pindriver signls and also supporting signals), connection to PC and power supply input, are protected against ESD up to 15kV.
- The programming modules are available for devices in PDIP, PLCC, JLCC, SOIC, SDIP, SOP, PSOP, SSOP, TSOP, TSOPII, TSSOP, QFP, PQFP, TQFP, VQFP, QFN (MLF), SON, BGA, EBGA, FBGA, VFBGA, UBGA, FTBGA, LAP, CSP, SCSP, LQFP, MQFP, HVQFN, QLP, QIP and other packages.
SOFTWARE (production mode control SW: PG4UWMC)
- This part of the software is focused to the easy monitoring of high-volume production operations.
- Operator-friendly control software combines many powerful functions with ease of use. Graphic user interface provide overview of all important activities result without burden of operator with non-important details.
- There is used a project file to control the BeeHive304 multiprogramming system. Project file contains user data, chip programming setup information, chip configuration data, auto programming command sequence, etc. Therefore the operator error is minimized, because the project file is normally created and proofed by engineering and then given to the operator. The optional protected mode can be set for project file to avoid a unwanted changes of the project file.
- Each chip may be programmed with different data such as serial number, configuration and calibration information using rich-features serialization system.
SOFTWARE (programming sites driver, engineering mode control SW: PG4UW)
- This part of the software is focused to the quick and easy preparation of the project file for usage in the production mode control software.
- Each programming site is driven by a comfortable and easy-to-use control program with pull-down menu, hot keys and on-line help. It is the same years-proven software, as is used for all other Elnec single-site programmers.
- Selecting of device is performed by its class, by manufacturer or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part number. Standard device-related commands (read, blank check, program, verify, erase) are boosted by some test functions (insertion test, signature-byte check), and some special functions (autoincrement, production mode - start of programming immediately after insertion of chip into socket).
- All known data formats are supported. Automatic file format detection and conversion during loading of file.
- The software also provides - in the Device information section - lots of information about the programmed device. As a special, the drawings of all available packages are provided. The software also provides explanation of chip marking (the meaning of prefixes and suffixes at the chips) for each supported chip.
- The rich-featured serialization function enables one to assign individual serial numbers to each programmed device - or simply increments a serial number, or the function enables one to read serial numbers or any programmed device identification signatures from a file and program it to programmed device.
- Jam files of JEDEC standard JESD-71 are interpreted by Jam Player. Jam files are generated by design software which is provided by the manufacturer of respective programmable device. Chips are programmed through JTAG (IEEE 1149.1 Joint Test Action Group) interface.
- VME files are interpreted by VME Player. VME file is a compressed binary variation of SVF file and contains high-level IEEE 1149.1 bus operations. SVF files are interpreted by SVF Player. SVF file (Serial Vector Format) contains high-level IEEE 1149.1 bus operations. SVF files are generated by design software which is provided by manufacturer of respective programmable device. Chips are programmed through JTAG interface. VME files are generated by design software which is provided by manufacturer of respective programmable device.
Implementation into automated programming systems
- BeeHive304 programmer is ready for usage in the automated programming systems. The dimensions of programmer are reduced to technical minimum for this features&quality hardware in intent to minimize overhead of the handler's arm movement. The construction is mechanically stable to be immune against vibration during operation. The case of BeeHive304 is prepared to be fastened from top or from bottom of programmer body into automated programmer working place.
- The BeeHive304 can be implemented into automated programmer (as a replacement of obsolete programmer for example) or into some handler using more ways:
- 1) if one or two BeeHive304 programmers are enough to do all job, then is enough to use one control PC for whole programming system, for both machine control and also programmer software. The BeeHive304 can be attached to this computer using USB or LAN port.
- 2) if more than two BeeHive304 programmers is necessary to implement into automated programmer, then more computers are necessary to use. Whole system is scalable up to 64 programming sites in one automated programming system by multiplying of BeeHive304 programmers and the control PCs. Maximal configuration comprise of 16x BeeHive304 programmers. One control computer in the system serve as a master unit. Here is running also multiprogramming control software, serialization engine and interface to the host system. Interfacing of control PCs in whole network is done over standard LAN.
- Implementation of BeeHive304 into software of automated programmers and handlers is by using of simple remote control of the PG4UWMC control software. There exist examples of implementation for standard programming languages and of course we are ready to help customer with this task.
Care for the customers
- New Device Request (AlgOR Service)
- It is important to remember, that a support of most of the new devices requires only a software update, because the BeeHive304 is truly a universal programmer. With our prompt service, support for the new device can be added within a hours. See AlgOR (Algorithm On Request) service and OnDemand software for details.
- This service is in almost all cases free. Please note, however, that we can ask the customer to share the costs, if development and manufacturing costs are too high.
- Free life-time software updates
- Most current version of Elnec programmers software, with support of newly added devices, is available for free here.
- Free Technical support
- Elnec provide customers technical support (WebForm/e-mail based) available usually within a few hours, r at the latest, the next working day.
- Keep-Current service
- Keep-Current service means, that Elnec ships the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package) to the customer . The Keep-Current service is your hassle-free guarantee that you are achieving the highest quality programming on Elnec programmers, at minimal cost.
- Prompt delivery
- Combination of extensive stock, flexible manufacturing and shipping of Elnec products by world class carriers (like DHL) guarantees customers very fast and secure delivery of ordered Elnec products. Products ordered before 10 a.m. (CET) will be dispatched the same working day - if products are in stock and the payment is done by Online payment (CardPay, PayPal).
- Advanced design of the BeeHive304 universal programmer, including protective circuits, original brand components, careful manufacturing and burning-in allow us to provide a three-year warranty on parts and workmanship of the programmer.
- Elnec provides free shipping of programmer repaired under warranty back to customers worldwide. The warranty is valid from the date of purchase.
- Preferential handling of repair requests ensures registration of the product that should be done within 60 days from the date of purchase here.
Specification (BeeHive304 multiprogramming system)
- 4x universal programming sites (4x BeeProg3 programming core)
- operation result LEDs, LED power
- USB 2.0 high-speed compatible port, LAN port
- line power input 100-240VAC/90W max.
- protection against surge and ESD on all inputs (power, communication, programming module interface)
- banana jack for ESD wrist straps connection
- banana jack for connection to ground
Specification (valid for each programming site)
Base unit, DACs
- USB 2.0 high-speed compatible port, up to 480 Mbit/s transfer rate
- 100Mbit LAN port
- on-board intelligence: powerful processor (ARM9 400MHz) and FPGA based state machine (basic clock 50 MHz plus PLLs)
- built-in mSATA SSD as internal buffer (32GB type, upgradeable to higher capacity)(*1, *2, *3)
- three D/A converters for VCC1, VCC2, and VPP, controllable rise and fall time
- VCC1, VCC2 range 0.8V..7V/1A (step 10mV)
- VPP range 0V..25V/1A (step 25mV)
- Temperature controlled fans
- selftest capability
- protection against surge and ESD on power supply input, USB and LAN port and pins of programming module interface (PMI)(IEC1000-4-2: 15kV air, 8kV contact)
- banana jack for ESD wrist straps connection
- screw with two washers for connection to ground
- *1: the data in the buffer are stored in fragments and also partially compressed, therefore the buffer can keep standard data also for bigger size devices, than current size of the buffer
- *2: this upgrade is mechanically complicated and can be done at Elnec only
- *3: the 32GB SSD can store as a buffer roughly 28 GB of the random data, the bigger sizes SSD, proportionally. If you plan to work/copy eMMC/NAND device, which might contain random data in full range of the device size, we recommend to have equal capacity buffer in the programmer.
Pindriver (available on the Programming Module Interface (PMI) - connectors for programming modules)
- pindrivers: 64 universal
- VCC1/VCC2 and VPP can be connected to each pin
- perfect ground for each pin
- 2 independent FPGA based TTL driver provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down on all pindriver pins, logic level 0,75V - 5V (IOL and IOH current 20mA)
- logic signals frequency: up to 125MHz (3.3V), 80MHz (5V)
- analog pindriver output level selectable from 0.8 V up to 25V
- current limitation, overcurrent shutdown, power failure shutdown
- continuity test: each pin is tested before every programming operation
Programmer, using programming modules:
- NAND FLASH: Samsung K9xxx, KFxxx, SK Hynix (ex Hynix) HY27xxx, H27xxx, Toshiba TC58xxx, TH58xxx, Micron MT29Fxxx, (ex Numonyx ex STM) NANDxxx, Spansion S30Mxxx, S34xxx, 3D-Plus 3DFNxxx, ATO Solution AFNDxxx, Fidelix FMNDxxx, Eon Silicon Sol. EN27xxx, ESMT F59xxx, LBA-NAND Toshiba THGVNxxx
- serial NAND FLASH: Micron MT29Fxxx, GigaDevice GD5Fxxx
- eMMC: Hynix H26Mxxxxxxxx, Kingston KE44B-xxxx/xxx, Micron MTFCxxxxxx, Numonyx NANDxxxxxxxx, Phison PSM4A11-xx, Samsung KLMxxxxxxx, SanDisk SDINxxx-xx, Toshiba THGBMxxxxxxxxxx
- eMCP: eMMC+RAM
- Memory Cards: MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Multi-chip devices: NAND+RAM, NOR+RAM, NOR+NOR+RAM, NAND+NOR+RAM
- Serial Flash: standard SPI, high performance Dual I/O SPI and Quad I/O SPI (25Bxxx, 25Dxxx, 25Exxx, 25Fxxx, 25Lxxx, 25Mxxx, 25Pxxx, 25Qxxx, 25Sxxx, 25Txxx, 25Uxxx, 25Vxxx, 25Wxxx, 25Xxxx, 26Vxxx, 45PExx, MX66Lxxx, S70FLxxx), DataFlash (AT45Dxxx, AT26Dxxx)
- parallel NOR Flash: 28Fxxx, 29Cxxx, 29Fxxx, 29GLxxx, 29BVxxx, 29LVxxx, 29Wxxx, 49Fxxx series, Samsung's K8Fxxxx, K8Cxxxx, K8Sxxxx, K8Pxxxx series, ...
- Serial E(E)PROM: Serial E(E)PROM: 11LCxxx, 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 30TSExxx, 34Cxxx, 34TSxx, 59Cxxx, 85xxx, 93Cxxx, NVM3060, MDAxxx series, full support for LV series, AT88SCxxx
- Serial FRAM: Cypress(Ramtron): FM24xxxxxx, FM25xxxxxx, Fujitsu: MB85RCxxxx, MB85RSxxxx, Lapis(OKI, Rohm): MR44xxxxx, MR45xxxxx
- Configuration (EE)PROM: XCFxxx, XC17xxxx, XC18Vxxx, EPCxxx, EPCSxxx, AT17xxx, AT18Fxxx, 37LVxx
- PLD Altera: MAX 3000A, MAX 7000A, MAX 7000B, MAX 7000S, MAX7000AE, MAXII/G/Z, MAX V
- PLD Lattice: ispGAL22V10x, ispLSI1xxx, ispLSI1xxxEA, ispLSI2xxx, ispLSI2xxxA, ispLSI2xxxE, ispLSI2xxxV, ispLSI2xxxVE, ispLSI2xxxVL, LC4xxxB/C/V/ZC/ZE, M4-xx/xx, M4A3-xx/xx, M4A5-xx/xx, M4LV-xx/xx, ispCLOCK, Power Manager/II, ProcessorPM
- PLD Xilinx: XC9500, XC9500XL, XC9500XV, CoolRunner XPLA3, CoolRunner-II
- SPLD/CPLD series: AMD, AMI, Atmel, Cypress, Gould, ICT, Lattice, National Semicond., Philips, STMicroelectronics, TI (TMS), Vantis, VLSI
- FPGA: Lattice: MachXO, MachXO2, LatticeXP, LatticeXP2, ispXPGA
- FPGA: Microsemi(Actel): ProASIC3, IGLOO, Fusion, ProASICplus, SmartFusion
- Microcontrollers Atmel ARM AT91SAM7Sxx, AT91SAM7Lxx, AT91SAM7Xxx, AT91SAM7XCxx, AT91SAM7SExx series;
- Microcontrollers Atmel ARM9: AT91SAM9xxx series;
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC18xxx, PIC24xxx, dsPIC, PIC32xxx series
- Microcontrollers Motorola/Freescale: S12, MCF52 series (ColdFire), MC56F, Kinetis (K,L), Qorivva/5xxx Power Architecture
- Microcontrollers NEC: uPD70Fxxx, uPD78Fxxx series
- Microcontrollers Nordic Semiconductor: nRF24LExxx, nRF24LUxxx, nRF315xx, nRF51xxx Flash and OTP series
- Microcontrollers Nuvoton ARM Cortex-Mx: NUC1xx, NUC2xx, M05x, Mini51, Nano1xx series
- Microcontrollers Nuvoton (Winbond): N79xxx, W77xxx, W78xxx, W79xxx, W83xxx series
- Microcontrollers NXP (Philips) UOC series: UOCIII, UOC-TOP, UOC-Fighter (TDA1xxxx) series
- Microcontrollers Renesas: R8C/Tiny series, RX series, uPD70Fxxx, uPD78Fxxx series, RL78 series, R32C series
- Microcontrollers Silicon Laboratories(Energy Micro): EFM32Gxx, EFM32GGxx, EFM32LGxx, EFM32TGxx, EFM32WGxx series
- Microcontrollers Silicon Laboratories: SiM3Cxxx, SiM3Lxxx, SiM3Uxxx series
- Microcontrollers STM (ex SGS-Thomson): SPC5 (Power Architecture)
- Microcontrollers TI (Chipcon): CC11xx, CC24xx, CC25xx, CC85xx series
- --- we're currently working on the supportof devices mentioned below this line ---
- EPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 27xxx and 27Cxxx series
- EEPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 28xxx, 28Cxxx, 27EExxx series, 3D Plus 3DEExxxxxxxx
- FRAM: Ramtron
- MRAM: Everspin MRxxxxx8x, 3D Plus 3DMRxxxxxxxx
- NV RAM: Dallas DSxxx, SGS/Inmos MKxxx, SIMTEK STKxxx, XICOR 2xxx, ZMD U63x series
- mDOC H3: SanDisk (ex M-Systems) SDED5xxx, SDED7xxx, MD2533xxx, MD2534xxx, Hynix HY23xxx
- Serial MRAM: Everspin MH20xxx, MH25xxx
- 1-Wire E(E)PROM: DS1xxx, DS2xxx
- FPGA: Xilinx: Spartan-3AN
- Clocks: TI(TMS), Cypress
- Special chips: Atmel Tire Pressure Monitoring ATA6285N, ATA6286N; PWM controllers: Zilker Labs, Analog Devices; Multi-Phase ICs: IR(Chil Semiconductor); Gamma buffers: AUO, Maxim, TI, ...
- Microcontrollers MCS51 series: 87Cxxx, 87LVxx, 89Cxxx, 89Sxxx, 89Fxxx, 89LVxxx, 89LSxxx, 89LPxxx, 89Exxx, 89Lxxx, all manufacturers, Philips LPC series
- Microcontrollers ARM Cortex-M3: ATSAM3Axxx, ATSAM3Uxxx, ATSAM3Nxxx, ATSAM3Sxxx, ATSAMD20, ATSAM3Xxxx series
- Microcontrollers ARM Cortex-M4: ATSAM4Sxxx series
- Microcontrollers Atmel AVR 8bit/16bit: AT90Sxxxx, AT90pwm, AT90can, AT90usb, ATtiny, ATmega, ATxmega series
- Microcontrollers Atmel AVR32: AT32UC3xxxx, ATUCxxxD3/D4/L3U/L4U series
- Microcontrollers Coreriver: Atom 1.0, MiDAS1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0 series
- Microcontrollers Cypress: CY7Cxxxxx, CY8Cxxxxx
- Microcontrollers ELAN: EM78Pxxx
- Microcontrollers EPSON: S1C17 series
- Microcontrollers Explore Microelectronic: EPF01x, EPF02x series
- Microcontrollers Generalplus: GPM8Fxxx series
- Microcontrollers GreenPeak: GPxxx series
- Microcontrollers Infineon(Siemens): XC800, C500, XC166, C166 series
- Microcontrollers MDT 1xxx and 2xxx series
- Microcontrollers Megawin: MG87xxx, MPC82xxx series
- Microcontrollers Motorola/Freescale: HC05, HC08, HC11, HC12, HCS08, RS08, S12X, MCF51
- Microcontrollers Myson MTV2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, CS89xx series
- Microcontrollers National: COP8xxx series
- Microcontrollers Novatek: NT68xxx series
- Microcontrollers NXP (Philips) ARM Cortex-Mx: LPC11xx, LPC11Cxx, LPC11Dxx, LPC11Uxx, LPC12xx, LPC12Dxx, LPC13xx, LPC17xx, LPC11Axx, LPC11Exx, LPC11xxLV, LPC18xx, LPC43xx, LPC8xx, EM7xx, series
- Microcontrollers NXP (Philips) ARM7: LPC2xxx, MPT6xx, PCD807xx, SAF7780xxx series
- Microcontrollers NXP (Philips) ARM9: LPC31xx series
- Microcontrollers SyncMOS: SM39xxx, SM59xxx, SM73xxx, SM79xxx, SM89xxx series
- Microcontrollers STM (ex SGS-Thomson): ST6xx, ST7xx, ST10xx, STR7xx, STR9xx, STM32F/L/W, STM8A/S/L series
- Microcontrollers Silicon Laboratories(Cygnal): C8051 series
- Microcontrollers Texas Instruments: MSP430 series, MSC12xx series, TMS320F series, CC430 series,
- Microcontrollers Texas Instruments (ex Luminary Micro): LM3Sxxx, LM3Sxxxx series, LM4Fxxxx series, TM4C series
- Microcontrollers ZILOG: Z86/Z89xxx and Z8Fxxxx, Z8FMCxxxxx, Z16Fxxxx, ZGP323xxxxxx, ZLF645xxxxxxx, ZLP12840xxxxx, ZLP323xxxxxxx series
- Microcontrollers other: EM Microelectronic, Spansion(Fujitsu), Goal Semiconductor, Hitachi, Holtek, Novatek, Macronix, Princeton, Winbond, Samsung, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Realtek, M-Square, ASP, Coreriver, Gencore, EXODUS Microelectronic, Topro, TinyARM, VersaChips, SunplusIT, M-Square, QIXIN, Signetic, Tekmos, Weltrend, Amic, Cyrod Technologies, Ember, Ramtron, Nordic Semiconductor, Samsung, ABOV Semiconductor...
- for all supported devices see DEVICE LIST
- package support includes DIP, SDIP, PLCC, JLCC, SOIC, SOP, PSOP, SSOP, TSOP, TSOPII, TSSOP, QFP, PQFP, TQFP, VQFP, QFN (MLF), SON, BGA, EBGA, FBGA, VFBGA, UBGA, FTBGA, LAP, CSP, SCSP, LQFP, MQFP, HVQFN, QLP, QIP etc.
- It is important to say, we always use random numbers data pattern for programming speed testing. Some our competitors use "sparse" data pattern, where only small amount of non-blank data are programmed or there are used data with only few 0 bits (FE, EF, etc.). This cheating approach can "decrease" programming time considerably. If you plan to compare, ask always which pattern they use.
- The programming speed practically doesn't depend on PC type because data for programming and main part of programming algo are stored internally inside of the programmer.
- All devices mentioned below, including both NAND Flash, are programmed at their maximal speed, the programming time can not be shorter.
- Currently exist not very much devices, where the 30+ MB/s BeeHive304 programming speed can be utilized.
|JS28F00AM29EWH (parallel NOR Flash)||4000080hx16 (1 Giga)||programming and verify||116 sec.|
|MT29F1G08ABAEAWP (parallel NAND Flash)||8400000hx8 (1 Giga)||programming and verify||20.6 sec.|
|SDIN8DE2-8G (eMMC NAND FLASH)||1D2000000hx8 (64 Giga)||programming *1||269 sec.|
|S25FL164K (serial Flash)||800300hx8 (64 Mega)||programming and verify||20.5 sec.|
|AT89LP51RD2 (microcontroller)||10000hx8||programming and verify||5.2 sec.|
|PIC32MX360F512L (microcontroller)||80000hx8||programming and verify||8.9 sec.|
*1: Verification of programming is done by internal controller of eMMC device. The device receives a block of data plus CRC, if it all matches, the internal controller confirm the proper programming.|
Conditions: PC type: Core2 Duo, 3.16 GHz, 1G RAM, USB 2.0 HS, Windows 7. Version of SW: 3.09, 10/2014.
- Algorithms: only manufacturer approved or certified algorithms are used. Custom algorithms are available for an additional fee.
- Algorithm updates: software updates are available regularly, approx. every 4 weeks, free of charge. OnDemand version of software is available for highly needed chips support and/or bugs fixes. Available nearly daily, depending on requests.
- Main features: revision history, session logging, on-line help, device and algorithm information.
- intelligent device selection by device type, manufacturer or typed fragment of part name
- blank check, read, verify
- configuration and security program
- interpret the Jam Standard Test and Programming Language (STAPL), JEDEC standard JESD-71
- interpret the VME files compressed binary variation of SVF files
- interpret the SVF files (Serial Vector Format)
- interpret the Actel STAPL Player files
- insertion test
- contact check
- ID byte check
- production mode (automatic start immediately after device insertion)
- multi-project mode
- lot of serialization modes (more type of incremental modes, from-file mode, custom generator mode)
- count-down mode
- view/edit, find/replace
- fill/copy, move, byte swap, word/dword split
- checksum (byte, word)
- automatic file type identification/recognition
Supported file formats
- unformatted (raw) binary
- HEX: Intel, Intel EXT, Motorola S-record, MOS, Exormax, Tektronix, ASCII-SPACE-HEX,, ASCII HEX
- Altera POF, JEDEC (ver. 3.0.A), eg. from ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer ISDATA, etc.
- JAM (JEDEC STAPL Format), JBC (Jam STAPL Byte Code), STAPL (STAPL File) JEDEC standard JESD-71
- VME (ispVME file VME2.0/VME3.0)
- SVF (Serial Vector Format revision E)
- STP (Actel STAPL file)
PC system requirements
- Common, software related requirements
- Programmer hardware related requirements:
- either one USB port, 2.0 compatible
- or one LAN port
- external power supply unit: operating voltage 100-240V AC rated, 90-264 VAC max., 47 63Hz. Output voltage: 15V, 6A, output cable length 120 cm (47.2 inch)
- power consumption max. 90W active
- dimensions of BeeHive304 programmer: 320,5 x 205 x 58,4 mm ( 12,6 x 8,1 x 2,3 inch).
Dimensions were measured without programming module inserted and does not include projections. Total height of BeeHive304 programmer with programming module inserted depends on height of ZIF socket on the module and can vary between 76-88 mm.
- weight of programmer without programming modules: 3.6kg (7.9 lb)
- operating temperature: 5°C ÷ 40°C (41°F ÷ 104°F)
- operating humidity: 20%..80%, non condensing
Package includes (programmer and standard accessories):
- BeeHive304 programmer
- power cord (Europe / USA / Japan)
- external power supply
- connection cable PC-programmer, USB port (1x)
- diagnostic pod for selftest of the programmer and test of the calibration (AP3 diagnostic pod, 1x)
- programming module fixating screw (4x)
- tie and tie mount for fixating cables (3x)
- screw with two washers for ground connection (1x)
- quick start guide
- CD with software and user's manual
- calibration test report
- sticker "Elnec programmer inside" (2x)
- sticker "register your programmer" (1x)
- information leaflet "Notes about ESD" (1x)
- transport case (cardboard box)
- Keep Current - Elnec sends to user the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package)
- AlgOR (Algorithms On Request) - add new supported devices at the customer's request
Programmer price also includes
- free technical support (WebForm/e-mail based)
- free life-time software update via Internet
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.